Skip to main content



Insurance Services

Bestmortgage4u will advise you on all aspects of insurance.

Contact Us for expert advice

Insurance Services - Surrey Broker

Contents Insurance

What is it?

Whilst Buildings Insurance will protect the structure of your property, it does not cover the internal contents of your home.  This is an additional Policy that will insure the contents from a variety of misfortunes.

Why do you need it?

Damage internally to your property and possessions can be costly to repair or replace, especially with major events such as a fire or flooding from burst pipes.

Mortgage lenders will not insist that you have this type of cover in place however it is good practice and gives peace of mind when Contents Insurance is arranged for your possessions.

Things to bear in mind

The cover provided can vary and most providers will offer additional protection, at a cost, for things like:

  • Personal belongings including cash etc. inside and outside of the home
  • Key Cover
  • Bike Cover
  • Gadget Cover
  • Individual items valued over a specific amount
  • Freezer contents

These are just a few of the extras available. The basic contents cover may not provide all of the cover you require and additional areas of cover can be purchased to suit your individual needs. Discounts may be available for those in a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme or for those with a fitted burglar alarm etc.

Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.


A fee of £100 may be payable after an initial assessment in order to source you an appropriate mortgage. A fee from £200 is payable when we submit an application to a lender on your behalf. We will receive commission from the lender in addition to the fee you pay. We will obtain your agreement to proceed before any fees are payable. All fees are non-refundable.

Bestmortgage4U is a trading style of John Edward who is an Appointed Representative of Mortgage
Intelligence, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under number 305330 in
respect of mortgage, insurance and consumer credit mediation activities only.

We always aim to provide a high quality service to our customers. However, if you encounter any problems and we are unable to resolve them you can take your complaint to an independent Ombudsman.
Our advice is covered under the Financial Ombudsman Service.